H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Thursday 17 May 2012

Last Exhibition of Glisters

I had a lovely day yesterday putting up the Glister's exhibition in Bath. The venue is in the Bath Central Library (above Waitrose - very convenient, good sushi) and is a large airy room with beautiful windows.
By 1.00pm only 6 pieces of work were up, but after lunch, because of all the planning and deciding what should go where, it was plain sailing and we finished at 4.30pm.

It's a great exhibtion and good to see CLAS reaching into as many corners of the UK as possible.  We were chatting and Jan Turner said that just this leg of the exhibtion was 8 months of work with daily e-mails, 60 stewards etc. This time we have my white banners up - at the other two venues, the coloured silks were used, and here they had an excelent spot which was in front of a wide semi-circular window, where pictures could not have been hung.

I thought I'd show you Pearl de Chalain's piece of work since I am the custodian of it. Pearl is South African and a very talented calligrapher-artist. One of the roses is done is coloured pencils and one is is watercolour (can't remember which is which as she is so good at this.) The lettering is in shades of grey coloured pencil and gold Schminke metal powder.





1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see Pearl's piece . I had forgotten it was being shown.

    ReplyDelete