H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Friday 15 June 2012

falling in love

When you first start calligraphy it is like falling in love. Your head is just so full of all the movements, of that nib dipping into the black black ink and making a sensous mark...& etc.


Think hard about how to choose your first teacher - maybe the nearest cheapest one is not always a good option because you are beginning a long journey and you need very good travelling companions and mentors.


Some quotable quotes:
Glyn Hewson (South Africa) on the birth of his son Peter: "We don't have a name for him yet, but perhaps we should call him Lloyd. Just think of the flourishes I could do"


I read this one but I can't remember who said it: "I am so excited about calligraphy. I dream about it and I think about it when I wake up in the morning. If I had a daughter now, I would name her "Calligraphy".


Heleen de Haas (South Africa), after a white water river rafting trip on the Orange river: "You know, it's very scary going over rapids, I really get my thrills out of doing flourishes"



Share||

No comments:

Post a Comment