H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Tuesday 5 June 2012



Remember the bunting and the banner I made for my daughter Megan for "The Writer's Circle?"

Well, I attended my first ever writer's workshop and I must say, it was fab. It was very interesting being in a workshop where I was out of my comfort zone - as a participant in an subject where I lack confidence. Sure, I write. But I don't do imaginative writing or novels like everyone else on the workshop. This was very good for me, because I give lots of workshops in art and I need reminding about participants can feel.
Megan's on-going writers each read an extract from their novels in various genres from "Dark Urban" to "Fantasy" while we sipped our wine and listened. This was followed by a game Megan invented called "The Premise Circles Game" 


We were in groups of 3 or 4 per table. We brainstormed and took cards which provided prompts to use for creative ideas to build a story outline.


In the photo above you can see two of the cards: Premise & Place.
Hey this was fun! Our final story line was a bit crazy but what an enjoyable hour!
Of course the story took on a life of its own, owned by all or none of us!
No-one could quite tear themselves away from the workshop when it ended!


Well done Meegs!
www.megankerr.co.uk


2 comments:

  1. Oh how jealous I am....Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. maggiedobson@yahoo.com6 June 2012 at 11:24

    Really admire the way you keep writing your interesting blog. Love maggie xx

    ReplyDelete