H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Friday 5 October 2012

LX Exhibition 7 - Beginning and End



I like running with two pieces then choosing the best. In this case it was even more important because I had one chance to screen print a circle and I wanted a second chance. But to do the same design twice is so boring, so I changed the design from the original concept. (In the end I did a third on silk while the screen was set up)
I did a column of stamping, leaving a middle bit for a gold square (which never materialised).



Then I did my loose pen writing with watercolour and a C-O Speedball nib over the stamping, and added some water. This has a softness that is so very different from "First and Last".
By the way, you may wonder why I drag out the telling of all of this.
Well, it's a blog and a kind of daily diary, and as it is, I am still condensing a few weeks worth of work into a few days. So there! Its kind of nice to keep you wondering as I do, what the outcome will look like! Also I can't always talk about things as they happen because for exhibitions its not fair to show work prior to the exhibition opening.
So, more tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment