H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Friday 25 January 2013

Poetry Collaboration 5



Time to screen print the poem. I spent a whole day cutting stencils and mixing ink.
I cut 9 pieces of BFK Rives to size. And then the printmkaing studio was closed due to snow as the technician couldn't get in. Yesterday however, it was open and I packed my little shopping trolley and armed with two huge bags with metal framed screens (70cm X 50cm) I drove to Oxford, parked in the freezing parking lot and walked over to the studio.

Hooray, only two etchers and me so I had loads of space to spread around. I worked flat out from 11.00am till 5pm and I have now laid all the colours to go under the photographic stencil. Here is the screenprinting and the stencil which is now on a photographic screen. The black on the design  will be various shades of mauve.



Before I can do the photographic screening (three more pulls per screen) I have to finish off naughty Rhododendron. Here she is so far. She still needs her bright pinky-red hair, lippy, her platforms and at the very end of the screening, the black details - eyelashes, earring etc. (another photographic screen with her details, the bee and the bee's flight path)



I was so tired by the time I had done 60 pulls on the screenprinting.



No comments:

Post a Comment