H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Monday 14 January 2013

Uncials 1 - Mary Noble





The next free taster... but first, let me tell you about Mary...
I first met Mary in 1995 at a workshop given by Gaynor Goffe.
I was in the UK on holiday from South Africa and trying to get as much calligraphy as I possibly could! I had joined a workshop somewhere in the South of England in a tiny village at Juliet's place. Well, the little pony was feeling windy and had lain down in the field but had to be walked or she might have just expired! My husband had arrived in the UK that morning after an all-night flight and spent the whole afternoon walking the pony  while we got on with our calligraphy in the village hall. Quite an introduction to some of UK's top calligraphers!
(I have now lived in the UK since 1998)

Anyway, Mary was completing some work for her application as a Fellow of CLAS, and later became chairman of CLAS. She has since written many books on calligraphy. She is an accredited CLAS teacher and has a Cert .Ed. in further education.She is also a Fellow of the Society of Scribes and Illuminators (SSI

Mary has joined the Limetrees Studio team as a calligraphy tutor and the first course that she is offering is Uncials and the introduction is a free taster. She has a number of exciting courses in the pipeline. Limetrees Studio on-line courses (with an option of  tuition / critique) are ideal, especially when you can't get to a course because of time, distance or cost. It's also a good idea to team up with a few friends and meet regularly. If you are meeting as a group or even using these courses as teaching material, please each purchase a tutorial to observe copyright and prevent artist-extinction! I am aware that most of the readers can do Uncials - but this course and some pens from Scribblers would make a great gift.

Mary has written a number of calligraphy books and lives in HampshireUK. She has taught calligraphy for over 20 years in the UK, Japan, Finalnd and Norway. What can I add to this? Well for a start, Mary is one of the most dedicated and generous calligraphers I know and she has a way of encouraging students and bringing out their best work from them. She is also very talented! www.marynoble.co.uk/



For your free Uncials taster, please e-mail Limetreesstudio, give your name and country and quote
N-Unc-1.


No comments:

Post a Comment