H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Thursday 5 January 2012

Swatches for the workshop

Ahh, the colour swatches. These always take so long so I think I'm going to just let the group do a few swatches and then play with effects. This group is Open Books, so instead of something calligraphic I'm going to investigate using colour to create form and see how many original ideas we can come up with besides exploring the properties of the paints.
Each person can choose between one of four colour scehmes. This is the first colour scheme:
Transparent water colours: Lemon Yellow, Burnt Sienna, Olive Green, French Ultramarine and Payne's grey (or a mixture of Sienna and Ultramarine.)

They don't always look great as swatches –viridian & ultramarine are dominating the samples.
I've extended this sample to include transparent overlays, lifting, puddling and cabbageing.
Wonder if I'll get to try out the other three colour schemes in as much detail? Probably not!




No comments:

Post a Comment