H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Monday 9 January 2012

Tiny stitched letters

Still working on my Memories workshop for embroiderers for the end of February and I produced this sampler on silk of tiny stitched lettering. The letters are 4mm high, handstitched in ordinary sewing thread. All my silks were too thick. I have deliberately used machine stamped letters to embroider for the quirkiness of bounced mis-spaced letters as I feels it adds a dynamism to what may otherwise look bland. Of course handwriting is fab. but its not within the scope of this workshop to work with different individual handwriting.


Today and tomorrow I'll experiment with photos on fabric. I'd love to add stitchery but doubt whether I'll have time because the nautilus is calling and I must complete it.!


No comments:

Post a Comment