H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Pause


Sometimes I just need to walk out of my door into the beautiful late Spring, breathe the good clean air and pause to look around me. I get so frenetic at times. On the way to the postbox are forget-me-nots, buttercups and little white anonymous flowers.. 


Walking another 100meters takes me to the churchyard where the graves are immersed in a sea of blue.


If I turn the other way and walk out of the village, the rapeseed fields delight my heart every time I see the chartreuse slicing through the dark green.



From far-off it is an intense lime colour but close up reveals yellow flowers and green leaves.
This fills me with peace and tells me that I must slow down more often, see my surroundings afresh, pause and enjoy the beauty of the Oxfordshire Countryside.



1 comment:

  1. I have taken each of my children at the age of three to experience the oilseed rape and to sit in field of yellow. As they walk through the fields, the flowers are above their heads and when I lift them up I will always remember the wonder on their faces. They never forget that colour - glorious yellow!

    ReplyDelete