H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Graphite Cartouches


The orchid paintings have all been scanned. 
However, whereas the cartouche looked okay as a small pencil title, it really does not enlarge well because:
a) The cartouche was about 2-3cm in size on rough paper – so there was unacceptable
clumsiness and wobbly lines.
b) The light pencil marks were lost in translation
c) An enlargement of the original size called for more spohisticated design work
d) Designing a cartouche sitting on the beach is not my best! So each cartouche was redesigned at a larger scale and swopped on the scans.
Playful designs, a mix of styles, vaguely Art Deco, not necessarily to be read and relaxing to do. 
Yingluck is the middle name of the orchid: AscocondoYingluck Shinawatra
Jude's Lenten Orchid is one that my friend Jude has nurtured and it always blooms round about Easter. The Slipper Orchid is so named (it's common name, not my invented title) because the front part resembles a slipper. Moth Orchid is another name for the Phalaenopsis and Changi is the name of Singapore Airport where we were greeted with mass displays of orchids. 

I'm getting there...


1 comment: