H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Thursday 10 May 2012

Through the lens


Back to the photographs – because I'll show you the finished orchids as soon as I can – "final exhibtion" Oddly enough, (with my photographic ability) the camera robs them of their beauty. I hope I achieved something of their lovliness in my paintings.


The orchids are: LuSan (Vanda), Yingluck (AscocondoYingluck Shinawatra) Hapsah (Miltassia). Moth (Phalaenopsis), Changi (Dendrobium), Spider (or Cambria).
I have identified some of them myself so I could be wrong!
 

My camera is probably the "top of the cheap digital range". Nothing too technical like shutter speeds for me. It is smaller than a pack of cards and what is really great is that it is a "steady-shot" and can take close ups which are in focus.
I love recording processes (hence the blog) and I tried to take photos of each orchid during or after I painted it. Unless its avoidable, I prefer to work from life. But sometimes it's impossible not to work from photos, so no condemnation!


No comments:

Post a Comment