H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Friday 22 June 2012

Inspiration

Where do you get your inspiration?
From looking through Letter Arts Review or art magazines?
From visiting art exhibitions?
Attending workshops?
Going to contemporary art and craft fairs like Art in Action?
From blogs?


I often find more inspiration is associated arts than in the calligraphy world especially as I am on an eternal quest for originality.


I have just joined Oxford Printmakers Co-operative on "probation". I have to do 20 hours with a technician on members' days doing printing of any sort and then may join (if I pass)! Training is so important in a co-op like this where presses need to be kept clean and there are dangerous chemicals and pressure hoses etc. It is a fabulously equipped studio, with a back-lit cleaning station for "silk" screens. Also, it's so nice to see the work of professional printmakers and work alongside them.  I have always felt that printmaking is very harmonious with calligraphy because it is essentially two-dimensional and stylised.


From the logo of Oxford Printmakers Co-operative   
So watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment