H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Thursday 28 June 2012

Packaging in Bubblewrap

This is such a treat for "The Hanging Team"
I helped CLAS hang work at the Glister's exhibition in Bath and the organisation was amazing. Instead of all sorts of detritus enfolding the work, big bits of bubble wrap with sticky tape sticking to all the wrong things etc. everything was encased in a bubblewrap bag, colour coded moreover (to repackage work to return it)

Serious professionals, at CLAS! Thanks for the cool tip.

Here is how to make a bubblewrap bag:





.
Front panel width: painting width + depth of frame +4cm
Front panel height: painting height + depth of frame
Back panel width: as above
Back panel height: painting height + depth of frame + 20cm
Cut two front panels and tape them together all the way around, bubbles inside.
Cut two back panels and tape them together all the way around, bubbles inside.




(My bubble wrap was wide and rather than cutting off waste, I folded the excess over and stuck it down and made the base extra thick - see photograph above and below. The sketched diagrams don't do this)


Tape sides and base to make a bag.








To be honest, I had bought my bubblewrap in a big roll on mail order and I was disappointed in the quality. When I stuck the flap down with masking tape and opened it again it broke the plastic. Ah well, you can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment