H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Friday 29 June 2012

...and a nice big bag


This bag is amazing for toting work around London and getting on and off the underground.
If you have two bags, you can even manage to carry four paintings with relative ease.
I worked out the strap measurement to allow for a thick winter coat.
The one below is a calligraphy board bag and holds an A2 sized board.




 The straps should be sewn so that one strap fastens to the front of the bag only and the other fastens to the back only.  (Not so that a strap is joined to the front and back across the opening)
The straps should be long enough to accommodate a winter coat - I like them at 64cm or the bag hangs too low.
The bag can be wadded and the strap reinforced.


Islay had a shampoo yesterday with "No More Tears", so she's extra pretty for the pose.
I usually use ticking, cotton duck (light canvas for strong bags for my silk screens) or black fabric. I can't tell you how many strangers have come up to me and admired the bag - mostly arty people though, as it's kind of funky to have such a massive bag which just skims the floor!


1 comment:

  1. So much practical (as well as arty) advice.
    Great stuff.

    XXX
    Fran

    ReplyDelete