H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Monday 23 July 2012

Art in Action - Jackie Morris

Art in Action is always overwhelming and wonderful - a buzz of creativity and art-adrenalin.
This year after a really rainy month, wellies were de rigueur!
I'll show the work of some of the lettering artists and one or two other snippets as extras!

But first, as usual I head for Jackie Morris in the Calligraphy and Illustration tent to buy artist-autographed books for my little Swedish granddaughters. Jackie never disappoints!


My favourite book is probably still 'Can you see a Little Bear', but I bought a fab. new one yesterday, hot off the press, titled 'I am Cat'. Jackie has begun writing her own stories and I love the way she has written 'I am cat'. The cat is sleeping and dreams that it is a wild cat - and there I was, torn between Nomi's two favourites: tigers and cats and I found both in one hit. Nomi is nearly two but she goes to the zoo in Singapore where they live, at least three times a month and is besotted with her model tigers and fluffy kitten toy. Funny how little kids develop these obsessions.
Here are some images from postcards which Jackie gave me.





and a "behind the scenes" snippet.

Jackie's medium is watercolour, but she will often gild an entire background - to stunning effect. She uses Roberson's Acrylic size and Soft-pressed transfer gold 23carat on her backgrounds of these amazing large paintings.

For some reason Jackie's website was not working, but her books are in many good bookshops, or you can do what I do and order an autographed one (usually with a little line drawing and your message) from www.solvawoollenmill.co.uk, a mill shop near her home in West Wales.


No comments:

Post a Comment