H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Friday 20 July 2012

Rope of Words 7 - Collograph 4

So, Horatio? Into the Gap!
This is my Artist's Book year and I am determined to research it thoroughly. I have now investigated collograph, spent many days on it, been disappointed and guess what?
While I was screenprinting my family surname document, I was waiting for the screen to dry and started chatting to the technician. I said I thought running an un-inked plate to emboss might be better, so we tried it.


te Dummmm...
this has possibilities!
(I will need to increase the depth and sort out the centre confusion.) 

Also I still really, really love the plates, especially after they have been inked up a few times and this may yet make fantastic covers as long as they are not mirror-imaged (with letters back to front) Also, they'll have to harmonise with the final artwork.

b.t.w. Last week, while I was waiting for my screen to dry last week it was in perfect timing to the Olympic torch passing along Iffley Road, so I dashed out, waited 10 minutes, witnessed the historic moment, waved and went back in to carry on printing. As Eyeore would have said "Unexpected and Gratifying"


No comments:

Post a Comment