H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Monday 22 October 2012

Text(iles) in Fareham

I was invited to give a one day workshop to embroiderers on adding text to fabric.
As I'm a bit of a fabric junkie, I was enthusiastic, although a little apprehensive about how the embroiderers would receive me. Usually people just use a font these days and feel fine about that. How to show another way of letter making?
We were using cut paper as a medium for designing letters to be translated into fabric and stitchery. Here are two of the methods we explored.

"The Exploded Letter"



and PAX which is made up of cut strips, then traced and re-cut from paper.



There are also many other ways of designing lettering or text for fabric, but these two are really good for chunky letters that can be cut out.

Share||

No comments:

Post a Comment