H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Wednesday 17 October 2012

William Morris Spoke Here

I was in London yesterday and when I popped up at Westminster underground station, I had Big Ben and the Wheel in one view. It gave me such a thrill.



Then on the way back at Hammersmith, I noticed some carving in the paving stones. If you were given the task of a low maintenance understated mention of William Morris who lived nearby, what would you do? I thought this was a great solution.




2 Details
Tomorrow I'll be back in London and I'll meet Donald Jackson and hear him speak. As Speaker's organiser I'm also a tad nervous as there has been a lot of excitement among the calligraphers and I hope we can fit everyone in at The Artworker's Guild. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope all goes well tonight. I just wish I could be there as it is bound to be fascinating.

    Your William Morris reminded me of the Flock of Words in Morecambe. Have you seen it? Worth a look.

    http://whynotassociates.com/environmental-3/a-flock-of-words


    Fran

    http://www.fontshop.com/blog/fontmag/003/003_whynot/

    ReplyDelete