H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Saturday 10 November 2012

Thank you everyone

This is one of my last blogs at this address and possibly the very last. It's a good time for reflection so please my dear lovely regular readers, can you give me some feedback about the following aspects so that the new blog is just right. If you reply with sentences and add in your bit that would be most helpful.
There is an e-mail box at the top. I think just copy and paste the questions and then reply.


  • 1) First of all, are you a member of my family, a friend with creative interests, a calligrapher or an artist / maker with another discipline.
  • 2) Which posts do you like the most
  • 3) How long should a post be - do I get it right or are they sometimes a bit too long.
  • 4) Do the blogs have too much personal information? (My rationale is that it gives us all a rest from having to produce / find / be bombarded with top quality work; and also it makes me a real person, but if it doesn't work I'd like to know)
  • 5) Are you finding that the blogs are becoming too similar or repetitive?
  • 6) Is there a pattern of development that you can see that you like or dislike as my blogging continues - so far I have written 279 posts mostly since January 1st.
  • 7) What would you like more of?
  • 8) What would you like less of?
  • 9) Anything that you find irritating?


Lastly, the new blog: I have changed servers / templates because I needed to do things I couldn't with the existing one, such as set up downloadable tutorials, sell cards and prints, have a gallery for professional artists to sell work etc. My web designer has fixed the comments facility and hopefully it will also be really easy to subscribe. It has a new clean and fresh look so it should be user-friendly. The keyword search is amazing so I'm learning how to tag properly, but still getting there. This means you can look up all the posts on say, watercolours or recipes.

Thanks for all your support.
For your interest, here are the stats:
I am averaging 2000 page views per month, with 17,200 views since I began:
Last week:
United Kingdom
153
United States
110
Canada
29
Australia
20
Germany
16
France
14
Belgium
8
South Africa
8
Pakistan
7
Finland
6


Love Lin



2 comments:

  1. Just keep it coming please Lin. I get each entry by email, so maybe I don't register as a 'view', but I'm here, listening and drawing inspiration. Thanks as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like are views of your work in progress rather and just seeing the finished product. Thanks

    ReplyDelete