H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Computer as a tool - layout - 1c

The blog is moving any day now! Note the new address: www.limetreesstudio.com

This is part of an article I wrote for Oxford Scribes Newsletter earlier this year. I have now written a second article, so why not Join Oxford Scribes rather than wait a few months! www.oxfordscribes.co.uk

Then the calligraphy:

First session: Computer preparation and selecting the nib size.
Second session: Rule up rough paper and do one rough to refine the layout.
Third Session: I prepare two pieces of good paper - watercolour washes or just ruling up.
I also rule up a second rough on layout paper to use for warming up.
Fourth Session: The Day


I ensure that I’m calm and I don’t drink coffee. I start on the layout paper until I’m warmed up, then swop directly to the good paper at any point that I feel ready. 



Because I have a back-up I am less likely to make mistakes. I write the entire piece even if I have the occasional wobble.  Then I do the second piece.
If there are no spelling mistakes, I choose the best and keep the other for my reference journal or I might cut it up to make greetings cards.                    




No comments:

Post a Comment